Saturday, March 19, 2016

the pen kind of love


I'm afraid that I will always love in pencil
I'm afraid I will never find the pen kind of love





 I'm afraid of leaving other people just because it's what's best for me
I'm afraid that staying with me will never be what's best for anyone


 
I'm afraid that I don't react well to needy 
I'm afraid that I'm too needy
I'm afraid that my heart is too shy and rarely speaks up
I'm afraid that my mind is too loud and never shuts up

I'm afraid that she claims to be an optimist but anything I say or do upsets her
I'm afraid that when I claim to be an optimist maybe I'm lying too 

I'm afraid of how important this next week could be for my life, how important each week has the potential to be
I'm afraid that I will not have the courage to always do what's best



I'm afraid that we could never get along
I'm afraid that a pay-attention-to-me crier could never get along with a please-don't-stare crier 

I'm afraid of thinking about my fears anymore 
so I'm afraid it's time for me to close out another post



I'm afraid because I'm not afraid of the future 
I'm afraid darling, because I'm simply too excited



8 comments:

  1. "I'm afraid because I'm not afraid of the future
    I'm afraid darling, because I'm simply too excited"

    !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm afraid that she claims to be an optimist but anything I say or do upsets her"

    I relate to this, like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I love that last line. Made my heart go: !!!!!!!! (because excitement for you)

    you got some great things ahead of you, I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving in pen, this post is brilliant. You were all over the place, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm afraid that a pay-attention-to-me crier could never get along with a please-don't-stare crier"

    whoa this hit me, im definitely the second, and could I get along with the pay attention to me crier? idk but what I do know is I love this post

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'I'm afraid that when I claim to be an optimist maybe I'm lying'-so me

    You, your writing, your way of thinking- all of it- is beautiful. I really connected with this. Thank you for all of it.

    ReplyDelete